Thursday, 4 June 2009
What made you move into teaching?
Someone said to me "Its unusual for people to fall into teaching, mainly they choose it for strong reasons." I was thinking about why I came into teaching this evening;
* I wanted to make a difference
* I want others to enjoy learning as much as I do
* I don't want others to dislike school as much as I did!
* I think it is massively rewarding
* I worry about those pupils who are getting 'lost' or 'left behind' because we are so obsessed with ticking boxes
* It is fun, engaging and different everyday
* It's a challenge!
I have to write an essay for my masters about why I came into teaching and how this links to my value base - so why did you?!