Friday 6 August 2010

Learning is so much fun!

I am spending the week with my sister, niece and nephew at my parents house. This is a photo of my niece, Amelie, learning about reptiles at the tropical zoo in Brentford (by my house).


Amelie loved learning about the food they eat and feeling how their skin is different to ours.. At just 3 years old every experience is still exciting and new! She is collecting stories about her holidays in a little book to show her teacher, whom she adores!

It makes me reflect on when this enthusiasm is lost...? It's interesting to see how my primary themed secondary school classroom, games and general mayhem brings back those memories for some of those who are so disillusioned with school!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie,

    I enjoy following your learning and have been a follower of your dad's work for years.

    I got my school to unblock Twitter by creating a twitter account for my Principal. It took me about 18 months from creation to her now just watching twitter. She enjoys watching conversations and every so often now posts a tweet. I did this by saying we had to book a school account before we lost our domain twitter name. Like I have booked a generic school account for all our web 2 tools.
    Youtube we still block to children, but teachers can use if they use Tube block to eliminate the crazy responses and weird ads.
    Hope this helps.
    PS: Love the Facebook guidelines. Again we are just delving into this area. We are a primary school and will use FB with our parents. So the guidelines are just timely. Thanks heaps for sharing.

    ReplyDelete